In the course of carrying out our activities, Birchan Pty Ltd trading as Vic’s Premium Quality Meats (ABN 68 001 808 331) (we, us, our) will collect, hold, store and disclose your personal information. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and to being in compliance with privacy law.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our services and purposes connected to those services, including via our website https://online.vicsmeat.com.au/ (website).
Consistent with the provision of our services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold includes the following.
- Your identity and contact details: including your name, email address, billing address, shipping address (if different), and your contact telephone numbers.
- Your payment details: including your bank details and payment card details. Please note payment transactions are encrypted by the acquiring bank so we will not retain any payment card details submitted by you.
- Your profile data: if you register a customer account, this includes the profile you create to identify yourself when connecting to our website (including your username and password) and other data about purchases and your personal preferences.
- Other information: we may collect text of communications gathered in the course of our interaction with you on social media and emails, and other information from your interactions with us online, including information about your web browser, IP address, URL’s, time zone, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps search histories and other associated information, including information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you in the course of providing our services, from our website and/or directly from you. We also collect certain information (such as the information set out under ‘Other information’ above) using the following technologies:
- Cookies: being data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- Log files: these track actions occurring on our website.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels: which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose personal information
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
The purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information include:
- conducting our business;
- to fulfil and process orders (including screening orders for any potential risk or fraud);
- to communicate with you regarding your orders, as well as about other information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development;
- to improve and optimise our website and services;
- to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services, including targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with any legal obligations.
We may also disclose personal information to third party technology partners, including but not limited to Shopify, Facebook, Instagram, Google (including Google Analytics) and other marketing service providers.
Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all request for access and correction to email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.