Wagyu Full Face Rump Margaret River Purebred Marble Score 6-7 - 1kg
The Rump has great flavour and is fantastic when grilled. Rump steak when cut as a full face muscle, offers you the best of both worlds - the well marbled rump cap and the underlying muscle, called the rostbiff. The rostbiff is the largest muscle of the rump, and is relatively lean with noticeably less intermuscular fat than the rump cap.
Margaret River Purebred Wagyu cattle are raised sustainably in the clean and green southwestern corner of Western Australia.
Cows graze on natural pastures in a completely free range, stress free environment until approximately 18 months old. At this point supplementary feed is introduced, along with natural pasture.
Margaret River Wagyu Beef has an unmistakably rich and buttery flavour, a result of its highly marbled meat, stress-free lifestyle, and high quality grain diet harvested locally from the Margaret River region.
This beautiful rump steak is best cooked when grilled on the BBQ, but you could also reverse sear this epic, thick cut steak.
What is reverse sear? Essentially you are cooking your steak in reverse - low and slow in the oven, resting it, and then finishing it by searing it in the pan.
Here's how to do it:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 135 degrees Celsius.
2. Season your steaks generously with salt. Always add a little more salt than you think you need!
3. Place your steak on a metal rack over a tray covered in foil to catch those all important meaty umami-ish juices.
4. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 50 digress Celsius. You’ll definitely need a good meat thermometer to measure this. Don’t try to wing it!
5. Remove from the oven and rest for 10-15 minutes under foil.
6. Pre-heat a heavy based pan until it’s super hot. Like, sizzling hot!
7. Sear steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side, remove steak and add pan juices to re-heat.
8. Slice and serve immediately with pan juices. Enjoy!
Your product has been vacuum sealed and can be safely stored refrigerated.
Feeds 3 to 5 people.